Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Fields inside RFG are not labelled as assigned to the group that the RFG belongs to

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
When you add a Custom Field to a RFG, that Custom Field shows as not belonging to any group in Toolset > Custom Fields Control screen.
This is wrong, since the Field belongs to a RFG, and that RFG belongs to a CF group.

Solution:
Update Toolset

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 8 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Ljuba vor 5 Jahre, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

When I want to 'clean' garbage at "wp-admin/admin.php?page=types-field-control&domain=posts" appear two issues:

1) All fields from RFG are marked as umanaged by Toolse by red (equally as garbage), what makes it easy to delete wrong field (I did).

2) There are 'toolset-post-sortorder' and 'types_field_group_purpose' marked by light blue and also assigned as unmanaged by Toolset.

There is this known bug:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fields-within-a-repeater-group-are-red-colored-in-field-control-admin-screen/

The steps:
- Create a post field group
- Assign to posts
- Create an RFG
- Insert a field inside the RFG
- Save the group
- Go to field control page
==> What I see: The field has no field group
==> What I expect to see: The field should have the field group that belongs to

I think that is what you report here as well.

toolset-post-sortorder is the field that stores the order of the Repeating instance in the single Posts. It should be left as is.

types_field_group_purpose usually stores for_repeating_field_group (as example) and is as well an internal field.

Usually you will not need them at all (the toolset-post-sortorder can be helpful to order RFG in a view).
I will ask to remove them or somehow clarify them in that screen.

Yes, for both. I confirm the same for first, and I confirm that this two fields (or maybe also some other blue) should not to indicate that they are not managed by Toolset. I mean, not assigned is one think, but not managed by Toolset is completely other term. At list to change words, as people can delete fields very easy (I did). SO, to close ticket, right? I just reported what I noticed.

Yes, correct.

I Reported both already:
- the BUG (under fix development, not yet ready)
- the usability issue (fields not properly labeled in the control area) which is as well not ready to be shipped.

I will update you here if you want, once it's done.

No need, as it is not big deal. I just reported and I will close the ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.