Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Best starter theme for a new multilingual site that will use toolset new Blocks

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Minesh vor 3 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

We are going to start a new project with a brand new installation of updated Toolset Types and Blocks, the site will be multilingual and shall have a starter theme that is compatible with the new release of your Toolset plugins and if it is already well compatible with WPML in an easy way (in former versions we noticed that WPML was really tricky to implement).

Do you have an advice on what a good starther theme can be used?

Thanks

Franco

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Toolset offers the theme integrations with Astra, OceanWP, and GeneratePress, so when you make Content Templates you can set the theme options for whether to use a sidebar, display the title etc. etc. I mean with integrated themes with Toolset, it will allow you to control few theme options.

Please check the following doc:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

There are some new blocks-first themes which are probably very good, but which don't have any integration, and so may require some minor code interventions to force theme options on posts using templates, it depends on the theme.

You will require to decide now with which theme you want to go with.

Hi Minesh, we already read the page you linked, what we need to know what theme is best integrated also with WPML (we sill maybe go on with Generate Press theme, so we need to know how is the integration with that theme with Blocks and WPML).

In addition I read from Toolset blog that there will be a new release of Types 3.4 and Blocks 1.3 that are now in beta, when do you expect to publish those version ready for production? we are going to start a new project so we do not wanto that the work we are doing with the actual versions of Types and Blocks shall not be compatible anymore with the new versions). Any info about that?

Minesh
Supporter

All integrated theme which is offered by Toolset is does integrated with WPML as well.

I suggest - you play-around by installing couple of themes and decide which theme best suits your requirement.

Regarding the next release of Types and Views/Blocks :
As you know we already released the beta version and currently those version are undergoing excessive testing. Once QA will be passed we will officially released those version and the next version of blocks have tight integration with WPML as well. We added few features to make translation efficient and easy using translation editor and new translation workflow.

There is no official release date decided yet but at the moment it seems to me that the next release will happen in couple weeks if everything goes well otherwise you can expect by end of this month.

Hi Minesh, will be the next releases retrocompatible with the actual ones or the site shall be migrated with the new versions? We are going to build the site during this mont so we cannot wait for the new release but we don't want the site to be broken if updating to the next release of Types nd Blocks will not be compatible)

Minesh
Supporter

Generally - you will be able to successfully update to the next release without any issue (from beta version to next stable release) and if you do see anything unusual, you should report a ticket and we will be happy to fix the issue if confirmed.

Hi Minesh I don't mean the upgrade from the beta version to production (since we never use betas for production sites) but from the actual version to the new one.

Minesh
Supporter

ahh ok.

Even in that case ( from current stable version to newer one) should not cause any issue BUT:

With the site running with current stable Toolset + WPML plugin, you mostly translate fragments of text using String Translation plugin.

With the new version you'll be translating "documents" with ATE (Advanced Translation Editor). So instead of translating individual strings from a template, you translate the entire template. Instead of translating the text from individual blocks (which can break), the texts of the blocks are extracted and translated in ATE.

I think whatever work done currently using String Translation will still work, but my advice if this is a brand new project would be to build the site without translating until the new workflows are available with the plugin updates. I hope this makes sense.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.