Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Astra Header disappears when no search results

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
The user was encountering an issue where the Astra header does not display on the search results page when no results are there.

Solution:
The Astra Header template was using a content template. Once we remove the content template from the header template, the issue disappears.

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 10 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by alexG-4 vor 3 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

I have a problem which I believe is an Astra issue, but I just want confirmation that it's not something already known about by Toolset.

The issue is simple - when I perform a site-wide search and no results are returned, the header does not get displayed.

So it's an issue with the logic of displaying the header on the search results page - which is controlled by Astra.

I raised a support ticket and after an initial spurious response, they are now blaming it on the fact that I'm not using their default search results page. I think it highly unlikely it's a Toolset issue but would like confirmation that it's not something you already know about.

You can see the problem in this video.

hidden link

Thanks

Alex

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share your site access details so I can check whats going wrong and if required I will take the copy of your site using duplicator plugin for further investigation.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes- I checked and I can see the issue on your site but I will require duplicator copy of your install in order to troubleshoot this issue further.

Can you please send me duplicator copy of your site:

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I can see the issue and I've escalated this issue for further investigation to our next level support. Please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

I got the news that, can you please try to delete the original archive and create a new one and check if that help to resolve your issue

I got the news from our next level support that it works even with your site as well with the original custom layout you build with astra pro.

Hi Minesh

Sorry - for some reason I didn't receive a notification when you made a post on the 9th.

I'll try and get to this tomorrow.

Thanks.

Alex

Minesh
Supporter

Ok great - please let me know how it goes.

I deleted and replaced the search archive - but it had no effect.

However, I tested whether there was a conflict with another plugin, and I found the Relevanssi may be causing the problem.

If I de-activate it (with all other plugins activated), the header remains when there are no search results.

Alex

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Alex! Minesh won't be available, so, if you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

I checked your website and your site header uses a content template "Re-usable item: Site Header". Content templates are meant to display a single post(post, page, custom post type). The search page is not actually a page, or post, from a Toolset perspective. For some reason, the content template fails to render its content.

I checked our internal tool where we communicate with the 2nd Tier, and there is another step that Minesh forgot to tell you. In our 2nd Tier test, he also recreated the Astra header template.
I'll escalate that your header is using a content template and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I'll suggest that you build another header template that won't use any Toolset element and check if it will work for you.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I created a new custom header and used it only the search page and it worked. Check this screenshot hidden link

I think my doubts are correct, try to recreate the header without using any Toolset content template and check. It will work 🙂

I am disabling the newly created custom header. hidden link

That fixed it! Thanks, Jamal.

That's a bit of a subtle issue because the problem only arises when there are no search results AND Relevanssi is active.

In fact, I had disabled the Relevanssi plugin before you did your test but I repeated the test with Relevanssi activated, and it worked.

Thanks again.

Alex

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.