Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower()

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower()

Solution:
It needs the mbstring module to run this. You need to enable mbstring on your server. Please contact your hosting authorities and ask them to enable this module.

To solve this issue you need to install MBString module on your server:

Relevant Documentation:
=> http://www.php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by BarryS9673 vor 4 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Artikel

HI,

I have forgotten how to do this. I have created Types called Training Courses, so within this I want to create courses and then apply them to 3 different sections which will be on different pages. First Aid training, Life Support Training and Mandatory training.

Please share a link so I can do this, thanks

Capture.JPG

I think I would create Taxonomies, you can correct me if I am wrong, but something else please see this error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.page.php:689 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Types_Admin_Page->sort_by_title_helper(Array, Array) #1 /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.page.php(652): usort(Array, Array) #2 /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.edit.taxonomy.php(657): Types_Admin_Page->sort_by_title(Array) #3 /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1304): Types_Admin_Edit_Taxonomy->box_post_types(NULL, Array) #4 /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/admin.php(1784): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), 'normal', NULL) #5 /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/admin.php(725): wpcf_admin_screen('toolset_page_ in /home2/tfatc/public_html/_newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/includes/classes/class.types.admin.page.php on line 689

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower()

It needs the mbstring module to run this. You need to enable mbstring on your server. Please contact your hosting authorities and ask them to enable this module.

More info:
To solve this issue you need to install this module on your server:
=> hidden link

If you are using cpanel please check this link:
=> hidden link

Thanks, that issue is resolved, any advice about my initial query?

I created Taxonomies, but they are not showing within the Types section.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share few screenshots of your issue? - where exactly you want to display the taxonomies?

I am happy to share access, what I am trying to do is create numerous listings, however, they can appear in different categories.

Capture.JPG

See screenshot, 1 is a First Aid Training Course and 2 is a Life Support Training Course, so I would like to have the ability to have them applied to different categories.

I will then on the front end have these 3 categories First Aid training, Life Support Training and Mandatory training and on each page, the courses relevant will show.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes but I see you do not connect your taxonomy to post type.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I've created another taxonomy and I can see its available with the post type "Training Courses"
=> hidden link

I think there is some issue with the taxonomies you created, I suggest remove the current taxonomies and try to add brand new taxonomy with smaller slugs and that will help you to resolve your issue.

I think the issue was related to the server change that needed to be done, as I created those categories before I added that php update. Thank You

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.