Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Ajax slider causing server errors

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 23 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by zoeS vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

Hi Shane,

Oh dear. Thanks for trying. Can you confirm that on the home page you had a large slider at the top and "featured properties" automatically scrolling at the bottom, both using ajax? Did the site overall seem to use an acceptable level of memory?

Thank you very much
Zoë

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Zoe,

Currently so far everything seems normal.

However i would've preferred a duplicator package with the duplicator plugin as I may have made a mistake during the migration.

Would you mind creating the duplicator package for me using the plugin below?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Ok thanks I have created a package, but it's 1.4GB, and will take me about an hour to download to my desktop and then probably much longer to upload to Dropbox. Can I give you WordPress admin login so that you can download it directly from there? Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Zoe,

Yes you can just give me the admin credentials and i'll be able to download it .

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 6.47.27 PM.png

Hi Zoe,

I've attached a screenshot of the homepage server requests and as you see there were no error 500 requests.

Also I don't have a way to monitor server load but I assume that the loads will be low.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry Shane I forgot to add that the other reason I previously sent you a backup from a couple of weeks ago is that I took out the second Ajax view from the live site because of the errors. This package was taken from the live site so you would need to add a short code for the featured properties view to either the home page or prestige page ( both of which have sliders) in order to see the problem, if indeed it exists on your server, which I doubt or you should have already seen it with the original backup.

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 11.29.11 AM.png

Hi Zoe,

Ok following your instructions it seems that the Featured Properties view was already there. See Screenshot

However there were still no errors on the page. I assure that what you are seeing should not affect your sites performance and could be due to a varying amount of other things such as server configurations, php versions, folder permissions etc.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok thank you very much Shane for spending so much time on this.

I have re-enabled the second Ajax view on the homepage and immediately I see the return of the 500 errors accompanied by huge spikes in virtual memory on the server. BUT – a lightbulb moment – if I disable "preload next and previous pages" for the view, it appears that the problem goes away. I don't know if this sheds any light on the issue or not, but it may be able to help somebody else in the future.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.