Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] ajax pagination ordered by custom field breaks on pages after the first page

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 Antwort, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Christian Cox vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to output custom posts by custom field last name. When using non-ajax pagination, the order remains correct beyond the first page:
hidden link so that they are ordered by last name, but when using ajax pagination, the first page is ordered correctly by last name but when you click next or previous the order goes haywire: hidden link and the order of the names seem random. In addition, there are duplicate instances of one post.

THERE IS AN HTACCESS USERNAME AND PASSWORD

USER: demo
PASSWORD: minnow

I believe this is the view in question: hidden link

Hi, let's try these two steps first.
1. Uncheck "Don't include current page in query result" unless this View will be shown on a single Investigator post. Having this box checked can lead to unexpected results if it's not necessary.

2. This View's Query Filters seem to be disconnected from its filter controls. On the non-staging URL, click the page 2 navigation link. The resulting URL is:
hidden link

When I click the page 2 navigation link on staging, you can see that the 4 filter criteria URL parameters are not shown in the URL:
hidden link

This indicates a problem in the Query Filters. Sometimes it happens when migrating between environments or when duplicating other Views. To solve the problem, delete the filters from the Query Filter and from the Search and Pagination editor. Then recreate them by inserting the filters in the Search and Pagination editor panel.

Let me know the results and we can go from there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.