Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] After Posts Expire, Users Should be Redirected to Archives Page

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 3 Stimmen.

Last updated by Shane vor 7 Jahre, 5 Monate.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Artikel

I'd just like to propose this feature to go along with CRED automatic expiration for SEO purposes. If there's an easy way to implement this now, I'd be happy to learn about it. Basically, when a post expires and a user tries to go to the URL, they just get a generic 404 not found page. It would be much better if they get a message and / or are redirected to the post type archive or even the category of the expired post!

Hi,

This is Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader.

This ticket was somehow assigned directly to someone in our company out of the support team who can't provide support.

Please wait and one of our first tier supporters will reply to you.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi George,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

There are actually workarounds for this, you can install a plugin to redirect the 404 pages or you can customize the 404 page with our views plugin to display some custom content.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hmm. Do you know of any way to make it a different 404 page for each post type, or show different text based on which post type it was? I would like it to redirect to the category or post type archive instead of a generic 404 page, which currently makes users just click away instead of browsing around.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi George,

Actually no since there is only 1 404 page, so you wouldn't be able to do a 404 page per custom post type.

Maybe there is some way to do it with code but it would be out of the scope of our support forum.
In that case I would advise that you contact one of our certified consultants in order to get this done.

https://toolset.com/consultant/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.