Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Adding CSS classes to Layouts cells not working right

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by ashleighP vor 7 Jahre, 6 Monate.

Assisted by: Konstantinos Galanakis.

Author
Artikel

I am trying to: Add additional classes (and edit existing classes) to the cells in a Layout

BUT

None of the existing classes show up on the back-end editor, only when I inspect the code from the front end.

If I edit the cell, the existing classes disappear.

If I try to add a class to a cell, it adds the same class to every cell in the layout!

Hello Ashleigh.

Thank you for contacting the Toolset Support.

I managed to reproduce the behavior you described, about the classes not appearing in the backend after added. It seems that this might be a bug, more a user experience bug rather than a functionality bug, as the classes are there when you load your frontend.

As a workaround, if you refresh your layout’s edit form after the classes have been added and the form has been saved, the classes will appear normally.

I will have to talk about this with our developers.

Moreover, about the last thing that you posted, about the classes added to every cell in the layout, I couldn’t reproduce that. Are you using any kind of caching plugin? If you do, please try to empty your cache and let me know if this resolves your issues. Otherwise, please describe to me the exact steps I have to go through in order to reproduce this issue.

If you have any further issues, please let me know.

Regards

I can't seem to reproduce the showing everywhere problem today.

But I still can't see applied classes while editing.

The main problem with this is if I want to delete a class I previously applied, I can't because it doesn't show up in the editor.

Hello Ashleigh.

I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

*** Please backup your database and website ***

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Please add the Links to the Layout where the issue occurs if it's different than the one you posted on your first post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

I have my staging site ready for you to use. I don't see the inputs for the login info.

For example, on the front-end, one of the cells in my master parent layout has the class border-top applied, but when I edit the layout and try to delete it, it doesn't show up in the editor.

Hello Ashleigh.

Please excuse me as I forgot to open the fields for you. Opening them now.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Hello Ashleigh.

Following your instructions, I logged in to your site and edited the "Theme Layout" layout. Navigated to the bottom of that layout and edited the "Footer" row. I edit both the row settings as well as the visual editor cell settings, and I saw that both of them are having a class assigned ("footer-menu" & "border-top" respectively).

Am I seeing the wrong row/cell or is your issue not happening to my end?

If this is the case, please try clearing your browser's cache or using another browser to see if the issue persists.

Regards

Okay, I was able to get it to show up in safari but it's still not working in Chrome, even with the cache emptied. Chrome is my primary browser.

I'll mark it as resolved since I was able to get that class off!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.