Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Add custom field to default comment form

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:
Can I add Custom Fields created by Types to the WordPress native Comments?

Solution:
No, this is not possible.

As an idea for a workaround, you could use a Post Type as "comments" and add them with CRED.

Then you can have the Fields as you need.

This support ticket is created vor 7 Jahre, 3 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by triggeru571 vor 7 Jahre, 2 Monate.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Artikel

Hi Luoy, I was wondering if it's possible to add Custom Fields (Radio), to the default comment box using wp types. I could get another plugin to do this like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-comment-fields/ but I would rather do it using types.

Can you let me know if this is possible of maybe if there is a hack I could use? I want to add three radio buttons called Paying, Problems and Not Paying to the form, then after submission display the count of submitted entries per radio as normal in the Post. Thanks

No, custom Fields can be added only the Post Type itself, and they are only editable in the Backend as a standalone Metabox, OR, via a CRED form, but still only as a standalone metabox.

The Comment form is something that is generated by WordPress separetely, and we don't hook into it.

May I ask why you need this on the Comment form?
You could use a Post Type as "comments" and add them with CRED.

Then you can have the Fields as you need.

That's what I did thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.