Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Access not allowing access to user below Admin to Elementor to make changes

Dieser Thread wurde gelöst. Hier ist eine Beschreibung des Problems und der Lösung.

Problem:

If I am an Editor I get this message "You need a higher level of permission." when trying to navigate to Elementor template.

Solution:

You can use Access plugin to control the permission to Elementor template post type, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/access-not-allowing-access-to-user-below-admin-to-elementor-to-make-changes/#post-1628493

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created vor 3 Jahre, 11 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
Artikel

I've disabled all plugins but Toolset Access and Elementor (test site)

If I am an Editor I get this message "You need a higher level of permission." when trying to navigate to
/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=elementor_library&tabs_group=library

This is the standard Elementor template area used by all my Editors to do their work on production with out me elevating them to ADMINs.... which I really don't feel good about.

not sure why this is suddenly happening, I've tested it on two separate installs.

It feels very much like this: https://toolset.com/errata/users-below-admin-role-cannot-access-custom-post-types-in-the-backend-if-the-post-types-plural-name-is-not-latin-or-has-spaces/

Please let me know if I can offer any more assistance, I would like to remove this level of access ASAP, and cant just disable Acesss, or Elementor.

Cheers
Stuart

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know the access details you shared with your initial post is for your test site? If no, Can you please send me access details to your test site with both admin and editor user access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

It is a test site - NOT production - you are fine to run some tests.

And I have a backup...

Create yourself an Editor user and test - you will notice there is not default /wp-admin login, I've customised this.

Hello,

Minesh is on vacation, will be back on Friday, you will get answer when he is back.

pass-win.JPG

I have tried the credentials you provided above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/access-not-allowing-access-to-user-below-admin-to-elementor-to-make-changes/#post-1613163

I can see only a password window, see screenshot pass-win.JPG, please check it.

Since it is a compatibility issue with elementor plugin, you can also provide a copy of your website in below private message box, so we can test and debug it in localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found.

Saved-Templates.JPG

I can install the duplicator package in my localhost, but I don't see the problem as you mentioned above:
If I am an Editor I get this message "You need a higher level of permission." when trying to navigate to
/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=elementor_library&tabs_group=library

See my screenshot: Saved-Templates.JPG, is there any step missing?

I created a new administrator user to test above URLs, it works fine.

user-editor.jpg
click for error.jpg

It is fine for the admin users, but for Editors the issue exists... and only until recently.

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem with your duplicator package, please try these:
1) Add below PHP codes into your theme file "functions.php"

add_filter('toolset_filter_exclude_own_post_types', function($initial_list){
		foreach($initial_list as $k => $v){
			if($v == 'elementor_library'){
				array_shift($initial_list);
			}
		}
		return $initial_list;
	});

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Access Control-> Custom Post types,
Find post type "My Templates", enable option "Same read permission as posts", save and test again.

testing-Toolset.jpg

1) Add below PHP codes into your theme file "functions.php"

- I added to the Toolset Code area, I hope this is fine? Rather than functions.

Find post type "My Templates", enable option "Same read permission as posts", save and test again.

There is no post type called 'My Templates'... see image (Id however try the 'Elements' CPT as I didn't know what that one was).

I have done below modifications in your website:
1) Edit theme file functions.php, add below codes:

add_filter('toolset_filter_exclude_own_post_types', function($initial_list){
    foreach($initial_list as $k => $v){
        if($v == 'elementor_library'){
            unset($initial_list[$k]);
        }
    }
    return $initial_list;
});

Find post type "My Templates", enable option "Managed by Access", save.

Please test again, check if it is fixed. thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.