Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Access Control Group Content tempalte redirect – with Custom post Type & Plugin

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by Waqar vor 3 Jahre.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel
standard page - works ok.gif
Post Group.jpg
Custom Post Type - shouldnt be rendered.gif
Content Template.gif
Access Controls.gif

I am logging this the yourselves and the plugin author.

With User Menus Plugin enabled (hidden link)

When creating an Access Control Post Group and connecting it to a custom post type that has been created.

When setting the user permissions if you use a content template to redirect the user with no permissions ... it doesn't restrict you from seeing the custom post type and doesn't show what you have on the content template.

[The idea eventually is for the content template to run a meta refresh to ask them to register or login]

This content template option does work however if you have selected a "standard" WordPress page... just not if its a custom post.

Here re some pics to help understand.

For now I have just setup custom 404 page that asks them to login...

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot and suggest the next steps, I'll need to see exactly how the access settings are set up.

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with the link to some example page that shouldn't be showing?

Please also let me know which was the user that you were testing this with.

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for waiting and for sharing these details.

During troubleshooting, I was able to reproduce this issue on my test website as well.

When an Elementor template is assigned to a page/post, Toolset Access' post group settings are overridden.

We appreciate your report and I've shared these findings with the concerned team.

I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for waiting and I apologize I couldn't follow up on this sooner.

Here is the feedback I've received from the concerned team.

The way Access Post Group restrictions work, it is expected that if you want Toolset to be able to influence the template used for posts, then Toolset templates and not Elementor templates, should be used.

If the use of the Elementor template can't be avoided, then the workaround that you're already using of showing the 404 page to the users without the read permission, should work just fine.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.