Toolset Blocks 1.3.3 and Types 3.4.3 Bugfix Release
This joint release of Toolset Blocks, Types, Forms, Maps, and WooCommerce Blocks fixes numerous bugs, improves performance and adds a new feature to the Container block.
Turn a Whole Container Block Into a Link
You can now make a whole Container block into a link. And of course, this link can also be dynamic so it comes from a standard or custom field, or a taxonomy.
Simply select the Container block and expand the new Container as Link section in the right sidebar.
Performance Improvements for Views Using Relationships
Toolset Blocks 1.3.3 includes performance improvements for Views that use post relationships.
This includes custom searches with relationship filters and Views displaying information from related posts.
Change the Visibility of an Intermediary Post Type
When you create a many-to-many relationship, you can select whether its Intermediary Post Type is visible in the main WordPress menu.
It’s now possible to change this option at any time after creating the relationship.
This release fixes more than 50 (!) bugs. Here are the top ones:
- Fixed translation issues for Views that use AJAX pagination.
- Fixed a problem with styles when inserting an existing View into another page.
- Fixed some compatibility issues with the upcoming WordPress 5.6 version and the EditorsKit plugin.
- Fixed a problem with using Conditional blocks inside Content Templates that also include a post excerpt field.
- Fixed some issues with View front-end filters.
- Fixed a number of styling glitches in different Toolset blocks. This includes glitches on link styles for Heading and Single Field blocks.
- Fixed a number of glitches related to translating Views, both in legacy and block editors.
- Fixed the alignment for the “Add to Cart button” block.
- Fixed an issue where switching WPML’s site language in WordPress dashboard would load an empty Toolset form.
And many more.
You can find the full changelogs here:
- Toolset Blocks 1.3.3
- Toolset Types 3.4.3
- Toolset Forms 2.6.3
- Toolset Maps 2.0.4
- Toolset WooCommerce Blocks 2.9.3
Improved Migration Wizard
Types 3.4 introduced an improved database structure for a better post relationship compatibility with WPML (default language post is no longer required to exist for connecting secondary-language posts). This is why it also introduced a wizard for migrating existing sites to the new database structure.
We greatly improved this wizard and migration in Types 3.4.3. Now, it’s more robust and includes fail-safes to avoid errors and timeouts even on large and busy sites.
However, in some edge cases involving very large sites the migration process might fail. We are still working on fixing this. If you happen to encounter migration issues before this happens, you should do the following:
- Revert the migration by going to Toolset → Settings and clicking the Toolset Debug Information and Troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page. There, you will see a Rollback after the migration of the relationship data structure section. This will restore the connections between posts as they were before starting the upgrade.
- Report this issues to our support and we will work with you to resolve it.
If you encounter such issues and need to wait for our fix, you can minimize the upgrade prompt in your admin. This will help prevent accidental start of the migration. Simply click the Hide button in the Types migration banner.
Have any thoughts of feedback for this release? Leave your comments and we’ll reply!